Here’s a quick overview of the health benefits of CBD:
- Anti-inflammatory effects: CBD is truly effective in controlling the inflammatory responses of our bodies. Although acute inflammation is a normal response to our body fighting off infection, chronic inflammation is detrimental to healthy tissue and can lead to a wide range of other health problems. Numerous studies have shown that CBD has the potential to help alleviate chronic inflammation, such as arthritis, IBD and more.
- Pain relief: As with many other compounds found in cannabis, CBD is also effective in alleviating different types of pain. This is partly due to its anti-inflammatory effects, but studies also show that cannabinoids can change the way we perceive pain signals. CBD products such as gummies are becoming increasingly popular as an alternative to traditional pain relievers such as ibuprofen, aspirin, etc., due to their analgesic properties.
- Anxiolytic properties: It has been shown that CBD has a truly positive effect on anxiety and depression. We don’t yet completely understand how CBD does this, but research seems to point at its ability to increase both serotonin and anandamide levels in the brain. Both serotonin (a neurotransmitter) and anandamide (an endocannabinoid) play a central role in mediating our mood and emotions. Some work has also shown that CBD in key parts of the brain related to anxiety and depression can trigger neurogenesis (brain cell growth)
- Promotes skin health: You may have noted the increase in skin products made from hemp / CBD. That’s because special receptors in the skin can be activated by CBD and other cannabinoids. In doing so they can promote the growth of new cells and treat symptoms such as inflammation and itching. Which makes them appealing treatment choices for disorders such as eczema, acne, etc.
- Promotes homeostasis: CBD can do much more than treat the symptoms of a specific condition, because of its wide variety of health benefits. CBD can instead encourage homeostasis, a state of equilibrium that keeps the body working properly.
How Do CBD Gummies Work?
CBD works by activating the endocannabinoid (ECS) mechanism. The ECS is essentially composed of 2 simple receptors; CB1 and CB2 without going into too much detail. Such receptors are made specifically for obtaining the endocannabinoids that the body naturally produces. These receptors can, however, also react with phytocannabinoids, or plant-derived cannabinoids such as THC, which actually binds to CB1 receptors. CBD does not interfere with either of the cannabinoid receptors. Rather, it tends to activate other non-cannabinoid receptors and ion channels and impair neurotransmitter uptake such as anandamide and serotonin.
Some of the receptors CBD activates include:
- 5-HT1A Receptors of serotonin. Activating these receptors helps improve mood, relieve anxiety, reduce depression and more.
- Vanilloid receptors TRPV1. Such receptors have been shown to be involved in pain management, inflammation and body temperature regulation.
- Receptors GPR55. For these receptors which are involved in controlling blood pressure and bone density, CBD has been shown to act as an antagonist.
- Nuclear Receptors PPARs. PPARs are found at the cell nuclei surface. It has been shown that activating certain receptors inhibits the growth of human tumors.
CBD also activates the endocannabinoid system by helping to reduce the absorption of anandamide, which is involved in mediating all kinds of different body processes. It is precisely the fact that CBD operates at so many different molecular levels that gives it so many different effects and potential uses. Remember that I cannot discuss CBD and the processes by which it works in much more depth for the purposes of this paper.
Where Can I Get Quality CBD Gummies?
When it comes to purchasing quality CBD Gummies that are both delicious and effective, you always want to make sure the products you are receiving come from a reputable source like Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary. The main reason for picking products like ours is to ensure you only get the best quality CBD products and never receive any ineffective and/or potentially harmful products. With locations across several states to serve you, and our convenient online store, when you shop with Mary Jane’s you know you will only get the best CBD products on the market today.