Cannabinoids & Suppositories Help
More and more women say that items containing CBD and THC are the best resources they have to manage painful periods. Yet when compared to NSAIDs like Ibuprofen how do they measure up?
It turns out very well, but it’s worth a closer look at why they work — exactly how the anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, muscle relaxing effects of cannabinoids interact with your time.
It addresses the real causes of pain & discomfort during your time, and how additional
Your Uterus: Prepping for a Visit
In people who have periods, the uterus diligently prepares itself all month.
Next, the growing estrogen in your body has instructed your uterus to build up its endometrial tissue. Then, after you ovulated, and the progesterone boost helped plump up the tissue with arteries and blood — preparing to give an incoming embryo a warm welcome … or, in this case, preparing for menstruation.
Once your body discovers it won’t be hosting a guest, your progesterone levels decreases — telling your uterus to roll up the welcome mat.
The body is taking back from the endometrium what it can, reducing the tissue and cutting off blood supply to its spiral-shaped arteries. Any proper blood flow, the endometrial tissue is getting ready to shed, so you will start feeling pain pangs.
The endometrium loses its defense without progesterone-producing a domino effect and the ideal conditions for inflammation.
Prostaglandins: Inflaming the Uterus
While your progesterone decreased, inflammatory chemicals called prostaglandins increased. Prostaglandins (especially PGF2) peak during menstruation, resulting in the following effects:
- Inflammation: some prostaglandins cause an inflammatory response, leading to increased pain.
- Pain sensitization: prostaglandins and other inflammatory compounds may potentially become more sensitive to pain-perceiving nerves.
- Vasoconstriction: during menstruation, prostaglandins cause blood vessels to constrict and blood flow to the endometrial tissue to inhibit.
- Uterine contractions: People with higher levels of prostaglandin have stronger, more painful contractions and finally doctors acknowledge that this pain can be as intense as heart attack pain.
- Heavy bleeding: Excessive inflammation may result in unusually heavy periods which increases tissue damage. People with heavy bleeding have higher levels of the enzyme the prostaglandins (COX-2) are making, and menstruation can be decreased by drugs to counter this cycle.
- Diarrhea: prostaglandins, in addition to uterine contractions, often cause smooth muscle contractions in the digestive tract — which could force the last few meals out a little too early.
(Note: some people claim that having sex helps to jump-start their periods — scientists believe that the prostaglandins in semen could contribute to this effect.)
We’re not trying to say that prostaglandins are all bad. They’re essential for a healthy, functioning menstrual cycle.
Numerous studies , however , indicate that women with higher rates of prostaglandins may have more painful or heavy cycles — and therapies that can be particularly beneficial with lower levels of prostaglandin.
CBD: a Better Alternative?
Scientists have recently discovered that — similar to NSAIDs — CBD also inhibits the enzyme which produces prostaglandin. However — unlike NSAIDs — CBD inhibits COX-2 preferentially over COX-1, suggesting its anti-inflammatory advantages come without the side effects of the gastrointestinal system.
Added bonus: Not only does CBD suppress the enzyme COX-2, but also CBD and THC physically stop the DNA from generating too much of this enzyme in the first place (through the receptor of PPARy).
Where Can I Get the Best CBD Creams for Pain Relief?
When it comes to purchasing quality CBD Pain Creams that are long-lasting and effective, you always want to make sure the products you are receiving come from a reputable source like Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary. The main reason for picking products like ours is to ensure you only get the best quality CBD products and never receive any ineffective and/or potentially harmful products. With locations across several states to serve you, and our convenient online store, when you shop with Mary Jane’s you know you will only get the best CBD products on the market today.