Higher Education with a Higher Purpose
At Baptist University, with a rewarding career in health care, you'll develop the skills and knowledge you need to learn, grow and thrive. We extend the learning environment beyond the classroom to include experiences found throughout the Mid-South in real world health-care settings. We deliver many exclusive research programmes. Whatever you do, you'll leave with the confidence that you'll be eligible to work at the world's most valued health care facilities.
Your future in health care starts here.
Centered since 1912 on Christian values and building on the tradition of education, Baptist University is a private, specialized institution focusing on health sciences undergraduate education. The College seeks to attract a diverse community of students who share dedication to Christian values and ethics, academic achievement, and lifelong career growth. Learning takes place not only in the classroom environment but also in some of the finest available medical facilities. Our program covers both general and clinical studies, as well as major-specific course work to train skilled and compassionate practitioners in health care.
Baptist University in partnership with Baptist Memorial Health Care extends the learning environment beyond the classroom to include experiences found in real-world health care settings across the Mid-South.
We believe that our students have enormous opportunities to spread the compassionate healing work of God, as indicated on our college seal with the words “higher education with a higher intent.” If you want to make a difference in other people's lives, consider becoming a student at Baptist University of Health Sciences. We invite you to visit our campus so you can directly meet with professors, staff and students.
Baptist College of Health Sciences is a private, coeducational, specialized college run by Baptist Memorial Health Care in Memphis , Tennessee. The school was established from diploma programs to a college in 1994 by the merger of the School of Nursing (est. 1912) and School of Radiologic Technology (est. 1956). This includes Bachelor's degrees in the following areas:
- Diagnostic medical sonography Accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in collaboration with Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Health care management
- Medical Radiography Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
- Medical Laboratory Science Initial accreditation pending from National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
- Nuclear Medicine Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- Nursing Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Radiation Therapy Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
- Respiratory Therapy Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
This top school is located in beautiful Memphis, Tennessee, along with these other educational institutions you shouldn’t miss:
- Belhaven University
- Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law
- Christian Brothers University
- Harding School of Theology
- LeMoyne–Owen College
- Memphis College of Art
- Memphis Theological Seminary
- University of Memphis
These amazing universities are located just down the street from our location at South Third Street across from The Southgate Shopping Center. Stop by for a visit anytime!