Camp Bullis, San Antonio - San Antonio Military Bases | Evans Rd CBD Store

Camp Bullis, San Antonio

6457 Camp Bullis Rd, San Antonio, TX 78257, United States

 

It is situated 17 miles northwest of San Antonio, Camp Bullis. The main purpose of the project is to maneuver U.S. Battle divisions Army, Air Force, and Navy. It is also used as an educational facility at the Brooke Army Medical Center in adjacent Fort Sam Houston for the various medical units.Camp Bullis Military Training Reservation is a US military training site. Army training camp comprising 27,990 acres (113.3 km2) in Bexar County, Texas, USA, just northwest of San Antonio. Camp Bullis offers San Antonio Joint Base support for Base Operations and Training. The camp was named for General Brigadier John L. Bullis. The Military Reservation for Camp Bullis and Camp Stanley. Camp Bullis is mainly used to maneuver the U.S. Fighting units Army, Air Force and Navy. The facility is also used in the various medical units at the Brooke Armed Medical Center near Fort Sam Houston as a field training facility. 

History

U.S. troops purchased over 17,000 acres in 1906 from all or portions of six ranches. This area was named the military reserve of Leon Springs and should be a place for maneuvers and training in San Antonio's Fort Sam Houston. The sparse population and varied terrain were praising Leon Springs.[4] The use of the new training area began almost instantaneously. The objectives were used for the Southwestern Rifle and Pistol Competition in July and August 1907 in the current camp Stanley. The first major maneuvers, including regular military forces and the infantry, cavallery and artillery units of the National Guard took place in 1908. The first remote base, which is now Camp Stanley (Texas) near Anderson Hill in 1916, was also constructed.[6] In February 1917 in memory of Major General Frederick Funston the reserve installations were reappointed Camp Funston. The First Officers ' TrainingCamp (FOTC) was established by Camp Funston in May 1917 while preparing for World War I. The FOTC included training and exercises, goal practices and trench warfare training. The FOTC officers graduated from a second-series training camp in August 1917. 

Camp Funston was renamed Camp Stanley in October 1917 to avoid confusion with Camp Funston in Kansas; new land was secured toward the south and named Camp Bullis to honor General John L. Bullis, Brigadier. The canton of Camp Bullis was built in the former Scheele Ranch across the Salado River. Camp Bullis training facilities included cavalry camps, drills and target areas. Permanent buildings were constructed only for the headquarters of the camp, administrative buildings and areas for ranks of chaos halls and tents.

San Antonio is home to a large number of military bases that serve to protect our country.  Here is a short list of some of them:

After checking in on one of these bases make sure to stop by our Evans Road CBD Store for all of your CBD Oil needs! And thank you for your service!

x