The Palmer Course is one of two golf courses at La Cantera Resort designed by famous golfer Arnold Palmer. The par 71 course is located on 225 acres and has 18 holes, 6 of which are signature holes such as par 3 #4 with dramatic waterfalls along the entire front edge of its green connected to the fairway by the Winnie Palmer Memorial Bridge dedicated to his late wife Winnie Palmer.
The picturesque Texas Hill Country with plenty of elevation changes to keep you guessing as well as mature oaks covering most holes requiring accuracy off the tee. There are dramatic waterfalls and lakes throughout this unique layout along with white sand bunkers keeping watch over every hole ensuring a challenging yet fun round for all level players looking for an intense test in scenic surroundings above San Antonio.
- A challenging course in scenic surroundings
- The perfect place for golfers of all levels to play
- Excellent customer service and facilities
- Provides a unique experience
- Scenic Hill Country
- Tough test
- Great variety
One of the Best Golf Courses in Texas
When it comes to the best course in Texas, La Cantera’s Palmer Course stands out from other courses. The 18-hole golf space is challenging but fair and has a beautiful view of hillsides surrounding San Antonio River Valley.
The conditions are near perfect all year round because they have an irrigation system that ensures there will be no water shortage during summer months. In fact, every hole on this course – whether you’re playing the North or South holes – gives players a unique experience with its scenic views! You’ll love how each hole feels different from others due to their strategic placement of trees and foliage around them which provide challenges for novice as well as experienced golfers.
- Has amazing panoramic views of the surrounding area of San Antonio.
- Has natural streams, dramatic waterfalls, magnificent live oak trees and limestone rock outcroppings.
- Perfectly-manicured course filled with vibrant flowers and impeccable greens year round.
- Has no two holes the same, with dog legs left and right, ups and downs in elevation changes, fun risk reward opportunities (like hitting over a pond), several blind shots- making you use your imagination to figure out where it’s going!
- It is very fair, requiring skillful play due to the thick roughs and forced carries. There are blind shots on this course with challenging green complexes that have elevation changes, water hazards in strategic places or bunkers strategically placed around them.
The Palmer Course at La Cantera made several top lists as one of the very best golfing spots across all categories – whether private or public! It’s an ideal location if you’re looking for some great scenery while playing on beautiful green grass alongside hills full of cactus flowers year-round. Some of these awards are:
Golf Week, a leading golf magazine:
- Best Courses You Can Play
- Recognized as Resort Course of Distinction
- #6 Best Courses (2014) You Can Play in Texas
- #9 Golf Course in Texas (Resort) and
- #2 Golf Course in Texas (2014)
- #2 Luxury Golf Course and in San Antonio
San Antonio is blessed with some of the state’s most amazing public golf courses. Here’s a quick breakdown of our favorites:
- Mission Del Lago Golf Course
- Brackenridge Park Golf Course
- The Quarry Golf Course
- Riverside Golf Course
- San Pedro Golf Course
- Olmos Basin Golf Course
- Cedar Creek Golf Course
- Windcrest Golf Club
- Willow Springs Golf Course
These public golf courses are located just down the street from our location at Marbach Road in the Rainbow Hills district of San Antonio. Stop by for a visit anytime!
Map from our Location