Beautiful scenery and an historic ambiance make San Antonio one of the best places to play golf, not just in Texas but all over America. This sunny city has also been nicknamed “the place where sunshine spends winter” which is obviously great for avid golfers. Locals as well as visitors have a large number of options when it comes to choosing golf courses.
- A wide range of golf courses to choose from
- Scenic golf course scenery in a sunny, warm environment
- Variety of well-maintained greens for every level of golfer
- Small, intimate golf location with character and historical charm
The golfing capital of Texas, San Antonio is home to the famous TPC and JW Marriott Hill Country resorts. Visitors can take advantage of these two renowned venues or play numerous other courses in and around town that will satisfy all levels of expertise.
Golfers looking for resort amenities will find them at the JW Marriott and TPC. The Westin La Cantera, Hyatt Hill Country Resort, and Tapatio Springs are also options outside of San Antonio though not as close to downtown attractions like the Alamo.
A collection of golf courses in San Antonio, Texas is led by the restored A.W. Tillinghast-designed Brackenridge Park and a large collection of daily fee courses round out public play options after golfing. Enjoy Tex Mex cuisine around Riverwalk’s famed scene or explore old Spanish Missions such as Alamo which are minutes away from downtown San Antonio for an adventure that combines culinary experiences with historical flavorings to create one unforgettable experience!
Texas is a golfer’s paradise. From world-famous courses to inexpensive golfing on some of the nation’s prettiest links, there are so many options for Texas players that it can be difficult to choose just one course! Many legends have called home this great state – including Ben Crenshaw and Lee Trevino – who continue to inspire those looking for tips from their fellow Texans as they play in tournaments all over the globe.
One of the Best Golf Trails in Texas
The Alamo Golf Trail in San Antonio is unique in that it offers a variety of 7 courses that range from old traditional Parkland style flat tree lined courses; to a links course with wide fairways and over 100 bunkers to contend with; to a true hill country course with elevation changes, meandering creeks, waterfalls, and dog legs, and blind shots; to a nine hole par 3 course to practice your game.
Here’s what makes these Seven courses so special:
- Brackenridge Park, Olmos Basin Golf Club and Riverside are three of the most traditional courses in town with big trees over fairways that slope gently.
- Willow Springs is a unique golf course with plenty of opportunity for risk and reward. It’s long, open fairways combined with large greens make it an intimidating yet fulfilling experience.
- Cedar Creek is a picturesque course with big greens and lots of elevation changes as well as dog legs to the left and right. Golfers are likely to see beautiful vistas from this course.
- Mission Del Lago is a links-style course with plenty of room to hit the ball. It’s also home to windy conditions and over 100 bunkers, so you’ll need some luck on your side during play.
- San Pedro is the perfect place to practice your game. You can take full swings on our driving range with lights, hit a few putts at both putting greens or chip around in the short-game area and 9-hole par 3 course!
San Antonio is the perfect destination for golf lovers of all levels! Whether you’re looking to take your game up a notch or just want some fresh air, there are plenty of courses in and around town that will suit your needs. Stop by and visit San Antonio soon and experience all the amazing things the city has to offer!
San Antonio is blessed with some of the state’s most amazing public golf courses. Here’s a quick breakdown of our favorites:
- Palmer Course At La Cantera
- Mission Del Lago Golf Course
- Brackenridge Park Golf Course
- The Quarry Golf Course
- Riverside Golf Course
- San Pedro Golf Course
- Olmos Basin Golf Course
- Cedar Creek Golf Course
- Windcrest Golf Club
- Willow Springs Golf Course
These “hidden” wineries are located just down the street from our location at Marbach Road in the Rainbow Hills district of San Antonio. Stop by for a visit anytime!