Riverside Golf Course is a hidden gem in San Antonio. The course is perfect for beginners as well as more experienced golfers looking for a relaxing, scenic day out on the links. There are plenty of wide open spaces to take your time and enjoy the scenery without worrying about being stuck behind someone else's slow game. All of our greens are kept at 10-11 on the Stimp meter which makes it easy to see how far you need to putt or chip!
The Riverside Golf Courses facility, located in San Antonio, Texas features 6,729 yards of golf from its 18-hole “Eighteen” course. Par for this eighteen hole is 72 with a slope rating of 128. Designed by Harold Hink/Vernon Schmidt and opened to the public in 1968 and Jesse Lopez as General Manager.
The Riverside Golf Course features two courses for all levels. The front nine opened in 1929, but the back half was added later in 1961. It's an old staple to golfers looking for a quality experience at affordable prices with 18 holes on each course offering views of the river splitting both halves.
Riverside Golf Course has two distinct experiences for golfers. The front nine is more heavily wooded with oaks, while the back features wider open fairways and fewer trees to provide better birdie opportunities. Both sides of Riverside have a challenging par 5 hole that requires an accurate tee shot in order to score well on this green guarded by oak trees on each side.
- Challenge your skills on the front 9 with the rolling hills, intense wooded holes
- Leave it in the bag at Riverside Golf Course- choose from 4 sets of tees for a challenging day
- Play in 16 hours without breaking a sweat when you play to our relaxing country style back nine
- Hit that green in 2 with our 18 hole golf course!
Riverside Golf Course is a great place to hone your short-game skills and improve on the par 5 #16 holes. One of Riverside's signature holes, this double dogleg with water hazard makes for an enjoyable day golfing. If you want to work more on your long game, the 9-hole Par 3 course offers unique layouts that wind through large trees while providing challenging greens to practice upon – all within 80 yards or 120 yard length.
- Golf at Riverside is a great place to improve your short game
- 9-hole Par 3 course offers unique layouts and greens for all levels
- Practice essential skills like chipping and putting in an enjoyable environment
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery and buzzing atmosphere
Riverside Golf Course is a popular course with amenities like the clubhouse, club accepts credit cards and pro shop. The snack bar offers refreshments for golfers throughout their game.
At Riverside Golf Course, you can walk around the course with your golf clubs. Metal spikes are not allowed but credit cards like VISA, MasterCard and Amex are accepted; proper attire is required for this dress code though so keep that in mind before visiting!
- Stop by the course, take a walk and hit some balls!
- Prepare to play better with our onsite instructors
- Get competitive with one of the many golf events offered every year
- Carry your clubs around for an even more immersive experience
With great views of the Texas Hill Country, challenging play for golfers at every skill level and well-groomed fairways and greens, Riverside Golf Course is a terrific choice for your regular rounds of golf or new destination when visiting San Antonio. Whether you're looking to sharpen your game or just want an easygoing day on the course with friends, make sure to put this local gem near San Antonio on your list!
San Antonio is blessed with some of the state’s most amazing public golf courses. Here’s a quick breakdown of our favorites:
- Palmer Course At La Cantera
- Mission Del Lago Golf Course
- Brackenridge Park Golf Course
- The Quarry Golf Course
- San Pedro Golf Course
- Olmos Basin Golf Course
- Cedar Creek Golf Course
- Windcrest Golf Club
- Willow Springs Golf Course
These public golf courses are located just down the street from our location at Marbach Road in the Rainbow Hills district of San Antonio. Stop by for a visit anytime!
Map from our Location