The DoSeum Is More Than Just A Kids’ Museum. It’s a place where hands-on learning and interactive fun collide—a place where minds are always at play. The DoSeum provides exhibits, programs, camps, classes, and field trips for all ages, encouraging young minds to discover the joy of learning through STEM, the arts, and literacy connections. The DoSeum, which began as the San Antonio Children’s Museum and has grown to become a premier leader in informal education over the last 25 years, has stayed true to its mission of connecting families and transforming communities.
The DoSeum is dedicated to providing low-income children in the San Antonio area with free and accessible programming, with a goal of serving 10,000 children from Title I schools each year. The DoSeum’s awe-inspiring facility, which opened in 2015 and features 68,000 square feet of interactive exhibit space, encourages each Guest to cultivate their curiosity, ignite learning, and discover the power of play. The DoSeum is a vital community resource dedicated to spreading the joy of learning throughout San Antonio and the surrounding area.
Explore, create, and play at the DoSeum with people of all ages, religions, sexual orientations, sexes, genders, and gender expressions, as well as learners of all profiles and abilities.
The DoSeum is a place where people of all languages, nationalities, and countries can come together.
What To Do in The Doseum – San Antonio, Texas
There is something for everyone at the Doseum! The DoSeum offers a wide variety of programs and activities to keep minds active, including:
- Science Lab – Explore the world with hands-on science experiments.
- Dinosaur Adventure – Dig through time in search of fossils from all eras.
- Mental Health Museum Presentation – Learn about mental health disorders and their treatments while you explore interactive exhibits that teach coping skills.
- Cooking Class – Taste as you go in this class where kids learn to make delicious dishes by following recipes step-by-step. There’s always dessert included too!
- Moon Exploration Tour – Kids will love learning how astronauts landed on the moon so they can come back home safely during this interactive tour.
- Doseum Academy – Attending this after-school program means getting a head start on your college degree with STEM classes and real world experiences like creating their own invention, game design, or engineering project.
- Field Trips – The DoSeum offers field trips to elementary schools for students in kindergarten through grade six that are learning about science, art, technology, physical education and more.
- Story Time – Join them at the Doseum every Monday morning from 11:00 am until noon as we share stories of everyone’s favorite heroes! This is also an opportunity for kids to come up and get autographs from their costumed characters before they leave for the day.
- Kids’ Club Member Meetings – They host these meetings every other Friday at 12:00 pm for Members from grades K-six. They’ll get to explore science, arts and culture together while learning about how they can make their own DoSeum Museum!
WEEKLY EVENTS ON THE DOSEUM HILL
- Friday Night Concert Series – The Doseum Hill will come alive with the sounds of live music on select Fridays throughout the year, highlighting a variety of genres including jazz, Latin fusion, funk soul rock, indie folk and much more. All concerts start at sunset and end by dark.
- Block Party – Join as they celebrate all that is awesome in San Antonio during this family friendly event featuring food trucks & vendors, games, interactive exhibits and more!
- Zoo Lights – This holiday favorite features nightly caroling from around the world (sharing international traditions), crafts for kids to make or decorate their own Christmas ornament created at our tree-making station designed just for them!, visits with Santa Claus who can’t wait to share his wish list with all the good little girls and boys, a visit from Rudolph (with some help from our special guest), festive refreshments for kids of all ages to enjoy in their own mini-Hutcheson House or while they take a train ride through the Zoo.
- Ready Set Ride – Explore San Antonio on one of three exciting bike tours! Bikes are provided by Blazing Saddles Bike Tours & Rentals. Please contact them at 210.228.0245 ext 175 if you have any questions about this pedal powered experience that is sure to get your heart pumping!
The Doseum is a place for the curious, where you can learn about anything and everything. Whether it’s history or biology, we have something to offer that will make your brain feel like it just did an all-nighter on Red Bull without crashing. If this sounds up your alley then come visit us in San Antonio! You won’t regret it. Have any other questions? Check out our website for more blogs available on our page!
If you’re looking to do some fun activities near Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, Texas you’re in luck! Here’s our list of the best of the best you shouldn’t miss:
- The Shops at La Cantera – San Antonio, Texas
- San Antonio Brewery Tours
- Edwards Ridge Distillery
- SeaWorld San Antonio – San Antonio, Texas
- Texas Transportation Museum – San Antonio, Texas
- McNay Art Museum – San Antonio, Texas
- San Antonio Zoo and Aquarium – San Antonio, Texas
- Witte Museum – San Antonio, Texas
These amazing attractions are located just down the street from our location at 9793 Culebra Rd, Suite 102. Stop by for a visit anytime!