Memphis Swimming Pools – Kroc Center Memphis – Memphis (Summer Avenue) Smoke and Vape Shop
In 2003, Joan Kroc contributed $1.5 billion to the Salvation Army for the construction of Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Centers throughout the United States. After a thorough application and selection process, Memphis became eligible to receive a matching gift from the Kroc Trust in 2005.
The Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center is a 100,000 square foot recreation, education, worship and arts center.
The Kroc Center is a healthy, compassionate and exciting place in our community where people of all ages, races, educational backgrounds and economic means can come together to learn, develop and discover their potential and experience God’s love in the process.
Joan Kroc’s Story
Joan Kroc, the wife of McDonald’s founder Ray Kroc, said she had taken a tour of San Diego and it was then that she noticed a neighborhood that was in dire need of a safe meeting place, a place with facilities and qualified practitioners to foster children’s social skills, love of the arts and athletic ability. She described the Kroc Center as a beacon of light and hope in the community.
Mrs. Kroc entrusted the Salvation Army with $90 million to construct the first Kroc Center in the San Diego neighborhood of Rolando. Unfortunately, she died a little more than a year after it opened. She was so happy with what was done here that she left $1.5 billion to the Salvation Army to create centers like this around the world. There are currently 26 Kroc Centers nationwide.
Aquatics at The Kroc
The Memphis Kroc Center Aquatics is a member benefit that provides something for all. Leisure swimming, progressive swimming lessons, lifeguard and CPR/AED qualification courses all planned with members in mind. Come and swim with the Crocs! Leisure swimming is by reservation only. Schedule your visit to the.krocmemphis.org meeting (free access).
Swim Lessons & Classes
- From beginners to experienced lake-goers, The Kroc Center has swim lessons for every stage of your child’s swimming experience. Swimmers will move through five different levels as their skills progress.
- Private Swim Lessons – $250* for 6 sessions
- Semi-Private Swim Lessons – $96* for 6 sessions
- *Members receive a 20% discount
How to Sign Up
- Evaluate your child’s ability to swim and select the standard of the class. Please register at the front desk or fill in the online form.
- Check your class at the front desk of The Kroc, and meet your teacher at the Aquatics Desk. Remember to bring your towel!
- At the end of the course series, your teacher will suggest the appropriate class level for the next set of lessons. Class levels are also repeated to encourage students to learn skills and feel successful before progressing to a new level.
Need a pool to cool off in while in Memphis, Tennessee? Check out these amazing pools or nicest community centers our city is blessed to offer:
- Bickford Aquatic Facility
- Gooch Park Swimming Pool
- Hickory Hill Aquatic Center
- Ed Rice Community Center Outdoor Pool
- Grove Park Swimming Pool
Devonshire Gardens Community Pool
These amazing public swimming pools or other community centers are located just down the street from our location at Summer Avenue between Estridge Drive and Eastern Drive.
What is The Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center?
This is a huge 100,000 square foot recreation center. In the recreation center, people of any age, education or material wealth can find leisure activities to their liking. Many types of leisure activities are available for every visitor who wants to have an interesting time.
What is the story behind The Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center?
The story of The Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center begins in 2003 when Joan Kroc visited San Diego and noticed a neighborhood in need of a safe and modern community recreation center. Joan donated $90 million to build the first Kroc Center in San Diego’s Rolando neighborhood.
What activities are available at The Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center?
The modern The Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center offers a variety of water activities to its visitors, such as swimming lessons for beginners and advanced swimmers, lifeguard courses, CPR/AED qualification courses and Private Swim Lessons. Find something to your liking.