My furry best friend and I love our CBD dog biscuits! But are they good for dogs? The short answer is: yes. But you should still consult with your veterinarian before trying them out.In the past decade, there has been a lot of research on how cannabis can help alleviate symptoms in humans. There’s also evidence that it can be beneficial to animals.There have been some studies done on whether or not pets react differently to cannabinoids, but the majority of research indicates that these compounds don't show any effects in animals other than pain relief.
Things to Consider when Buying CBD Dog Biscuits
- Dogs metabolize CBD very differently than humans do, so it is important to know how much of the product your dog is actually getting and for how long it will be in their system after consumption. Be sure to talk with your veterinarian about dosing if you are considering giving this supplement to your pet. Also consider that many veterinarians still aren't familiar with CBD products–so don't feel like they're “snubbing” you! Make an appointment at a veterinary clinic specializing in integrative medicine (they may even carry CBD!) or ask them for advice on finding one near you!
- If using medications for seizures, some vets suggest waiting until the medication has worn off before giving your dog CBD as it could interfere with the medication's effectiveness.
- CBD has been known to cause adverse effects such as low blood pressure, lethargy and loss of balance in dogs if not dosed properly. Some owners have reported changes in mood or behavior after giving their pup this supplement–while others haven't seen any effect at all! So remember: every dog is different and will react differently to cannabidiol for its individual needs so always proceed carefully when trying something new on your pet!
- CBD does NOT prevent or cure cancer, however it DOES help relieve pain associated with tumors which can be a HUGE relief for both YOU AND YOUR DOG during chemo treatments. The American Veterinary Medical Association also states that CBD might make tumors more likely to metastasize (spread throughout the body) so it is important that you discuss this product carefully with your veterinarian before giving CBD treats to a dog undergoing cancer treatment.
- THC products are found in some commercially made CBD dog biscuits which can be very dangerous for Fido! If THC was not removed from the plant during processing, don't give your pup any of these treats. You should also keep an eye out on how much THC may have been used in making the treats–it's possible that even if there isn't enough of it left over to cause you or I psychoactive effects–it could still harm our pets due to their lower body weight and heightened sensitivity! Our articles covering marijuana toxicity in dogs and cats can be found here and here
- Marijuana poisoning is very common in dogs. Symptoms of marijuana toxicity include: vomiting, loss of coordination (ataxia), trouble walking or standing up, drooling, vocalization changes such as whining or crying out loud–and the list goes on! If you suspect your pup has consumed any amount of cannabis product please call your nearest veterinarian immediately for treatment advice–no matter how small they may think the ingestion was!
- If a dog does consume THC oil or another form with high concentrations it could cause severe lethargy and even seizures which will require hospitalization and stomach flushing to remove all traces from their system. It's also possible that this combination could result in death if too much THC was ingested!
I’ve been feeding my pup CBD dog biscuits from My Furbaby Loves for a few months now, and the results have been incredible. She is calm during car rides, walks with me without pulling at her leash, and seems to be more comfortable in social situations as well! If you want your pet to feel better too – talk to us today about how we can help make that happen.
Where Can I Get the Best CBD Dog Biskets?
Human beings aren't the only ones who can benefit from CBD. Help your furry friend get all the amazing health benefits from our hemp-infused dog treats! Not only will they love getting their daily dose, but it's also safe – free from GMOs and other harmful chemicals found in many common pet products on today's market. Treat your pup to a treat that not only tastes great but helps them feel better too. Our non-GMO, THC-free treats are made with all-natural ingredients and are perfect for dogs of any age or size and help promote healthy joints as well as reduce anxiety. With locations across several states to serve you, and our convenient online store, when you shop with Mary Jane’s you know you will only get the best CBD products on the market today.